Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Nana's Thoughts on Heaven

I found out that Nana had cancer on August 18, 2016. My dad told me. When I told my mom that I knew, we both cried a bit. But her first words about the whole thing were, "I love Jesus so much and I'm ready to go to heaven. I'm just going to miss you girls so much."

While on that trip to Avila, I also asked Nana to share her heart on the possibility of heading to heaven soon:

I feel like every one has done it, and I can do it. Everyone got here on earth, and I'll be fine too. I'm excited about the new heaven and the new earth. But, you guys are making it hard to want to leave, because you're making it too much fun down here. 

Jackie and Fritz couldn't talk about it. You can't blame Fritz. He didn't want to lose her. When he lost her, the pain was just overwhelming. Yes, I'm excited to see Jackie!

(We asked Nana how much longer she wants to stay here.) Whenever He takes me is fine with me. Just give me pain pills. I don't want to be in pain. Before I got diagnosed, I told Grandpa that I don't want any heroics. 

(Ali asked Nana if she thinks Papa is going to miss her.) I think he's going to be married to someone else. And, I tell him to. I would say a year after I head to heaven. I have to admit that I have bad thoughts... (and I'm not posting those. 😉)

(Debbi asked Nana what she would have done differently in her married life.) I would be a lot more submissive to him. And, I would tell him more that I love him... for sticking with me through all these years. But Art fixes dinner and goes upstairs and watches his own TV show. But we have a good relationship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment