Saturday, April 4, 2015

Dr. & Mrs. Wright

So...life's been a bit of a blur these days...

So many exciting events...So many celebrations...

Just wanted to take a few minutes to recap one of the major highlights of my life, and, I'm sure, Maria and Greg, probably THE major highlight of your lives so far...

September 13, 2014...I woke up thinking, "Thank You, Jesus! Thank You, Jesus! Thank You, Jesus!"  So much to thank Him for! That my son was getting married! That I would have a new daughter! That I couldn't imagine anyone...in all the world...more suited for my son! That you, Greg, chose Maria and that you, Maria, chose Greg! Filled to the brim with thankfulness to our God!

Maria, you were a stunning bride! Really...absolutely radiant! And, I think that radiance shone from within! Your joy, your smile, your excitement, your relaxed attitude! After spending the morning with you as you all were getting ready, Ali commented that you were the most relaxed bride she had ever seen. Your main interest was seeing your groom! I LOVE that! More interest in the man than the wedding!

And, Greg, I've never seen you smile so much! What a fun morning it was hanging out with you and some of your groomsmen here at the house! You boys are so funny...lots of food, drinks, ping pong (the regular kind), soccer on tv. Not too much stress about how you look, what you're wearing. Love that!

The venue, Orfila Winery in Escondido, was beautiful! The ceremony outside, overlooking vineyards and rolling hills! A bit warm, but so what? You were getting married! The look in your eyes, Greg, as you saw your bride coming down the aisle is something I will never forget! Maybe there was a tear or two? Pastor Brian's message was personal, short and focused on Jesus! Coach guiding you through communion.

The reception was a blast! Great entrance! Fun "Wobble" dance! Lovely setting under the tent! Delicious food! Great, meaningful, funny speeches! Lots and lots of dancing! Maria, you and your dad were AMAZING on the dance floor! And then the two of you, Greg and Maria, dancing together for the first time as a married couple to "I'll never get use to you"! At that moment, you two seemed to be in your own little world!

Maria and Greg, the memory that will forever be etched in my mind is the complete exuberance and anticipation and love and joy that showed on your faces throughout the entire day! Priceless!

And, then, you two heading out through the tunnel of friends and family! Off to begin married life!




ps~I wrote this a few weeks after your wedding. Just getting around to finishing up and posting it now. LOVED watching your wedding video with Kim Bastick a few weeks ago! Reliving the whole thing! Love you both so much!

1 comment: